Terms & Conditions for 30th Birthday Competition (the “Terms and Conditions”)
1. This competition is availble to all those who are 18+, resident in the Republic of Ireland and complete a valid entry via Dublin Bus News social channels: Facebook and Twitter.
2. The promoter of this competition is Bus Átha Cliath-Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland (Company Registration No. 119569) (“Dublin Bus”).
3. Employees and contractors of Dublin Bus and their respective agents, representatives and immediate family members are excluded from participating in the competition. For these purposes “immediate family members” include a spouse, partner, child, step child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
4. The prizes consist of four preloaded 30 Day Leap Cards. One of these Leap Cards will be uploaded to a preloaded Leap Card with a year’s free travel. 5. The preloaded Leap Cards (Point 4) are only valid for travel and there is no cash or other alternative.
6. All stories submitted to Dublin Bus News social channels which are deemed by Dublin Bus, at its sole discretion, not to be eligible, may be revoked and any prize(s) claimed by such subscriber will be automatically forfeited and must be returned to Dublin Bus.
7. To enter the competition entrants must submit their Dublin Bus story before 30th August 2017 (the “General Closing Date”) to Dublin Bus News via Facebook or Twitter.
8. All entries must be submitted to Dublin Bus news via Facebook or Twitter. The prizes will only be awarded to a winner who has entered following a valid entry via Dublin Bus News social channels.
9. In order to be eligible for one of the four preloaded 30 Day Leap Cards, the entrant must share their Dublin Bus story via Dublin Bus News social channels. One story will be selected by Dublin Bus per week as the winning entry.
10. The winners will be announced on Dublin Bus News social channels and contacted by DM where possible, and must confirm receipt of notification within 48 hours. Failure to confirm receipt of notification within the stated time will result in disqualification and another winner being selected.
11. Entries received after the General Closing Date will not be included in the competition. Incomplete entries will not be eligible for the competition. Dublin Bus will not be responsible for any entries that are not received for any reason by the General Closing Date, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
12. Dublin Bus accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this competition, including, but not limited to, incomplete, corrupt or incorrect entries or for any malfunctions, errors or viruses in the software that has been designed to maintain entrants’ details, or for any incompatibility with all, or any, hardware and/or software that entrants may use.
13. Details of how to enter this competition form part of these Terms and Conditions.
14. The winners (Point 8), will be eligible to have their preloaded 30 day Leap Card upgraded to a Leap Card preloaded with a year’s free travel. The winning story that receives the most likes and shares by 6th September (“The Final Closing Date”) will be selected as the overall winner of the Dublin Legends campaign and have their preloaded 30 Day Leap Card upgraded to a Leap Card preloaded with a year’s free travel.
15. All winners will receive their prize within five working days of the Final Competition End, 6th September. The winners' full names and counties may be published on various sources at the discretion of Dublin Bus. The winners may be required to supply a photograph for publication and/or take part in further promotional activities.
16. The prize must be taken as offered, is not redeemable and there is no cash or other alternative to the prize. Should the selected winner be unable or unwilling to fulfil these criteria, he or she will forfeit the prize.
17. The prize is non-transferable.
18. Any expenses incurred by the winner and any person accompanying the winner with regard to travel, and in the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the said persons.
19. Dublin Bus reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter or substitute the prize with any items of equal or greater value for any reason and without notification and is subject to availability.
20. Dublin Bus does not take responsibility for any delays or difficulties experienced in the supply or use of the prize.
21. The winners' details including first names, surnames and counties may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to Commercial & Business Development Dept., Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, Ireland. Dublin Bus will not enter into any other correspondence concerning the competition and its result.
23. Dublin Bus reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control.
24. Dublin Bus reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
25. The competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
26. Any disclaimer of liability by Dublin Bus under these Terms and Conditions is enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Each of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is severable and if any such provision is held by any court or other competent authority to be illegal, void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected or impaired.